Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are being offered in 2013 for the following Master’s courses. Full details of these courses and the application process must be obtained from the relevant institution.
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- be Commonwealth citizens of a developing Commonwealth country, refugees or British protected persons
- be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- normally hold a first degree of upper second-class standard, or higher qualification. In certain cases, we will consider a lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience
The CSC may require candidates to undertake the academic IELTS English language test as a condition of eligibility. Candidates should check with the UK institution/provider whether this requirement applies to them. It is the candidate’s responsibility to note that an IELTS test will only be considered valid if taken after 1 September 2012 for those candidates wishing to start their studies from September 2013 onwards. Candidates will be asked to provide evidence that they have achieved a minimum overall score of 6.5 on the IELTS scale.
How to apply
Full details of the application process must be obtained from the relevant institution.
The CSC expects all candidates being considered for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship to have completed an application form using our Electronic Application System (EAS). Full help on how to apply using the EAS is provided in our guides, which should be read in full before making any attempt to use the EAS.
Full details of the application process must be obtained from the relevant institution. To apply for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship:
- You must complete an EAS application. Please note that it is not possible to submit an EAS application after the deadline that you will see when you open an application
- The UK university will then decide whether or not to nominate you to the CSC
- The CSC then selects which of the shortlisted nominated candidates to fund
You are advised to read the following step-by-step guide showing you how to use the EAS:
The application form has links to the Notes for Candidates to help you as well.
The deadline for applications is 23:59 GMT on 17 May 2013.
MAKULILO SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION